A.12 Issue register
The purpose of the issue register is to capture and maintain information on all of the issues that are being formally managed. The issue register should be monitored by the project manager on a regular basis.
For each entry in the issue register, the following should be recorded:
- Issue identifier Provides a unique reference for every issue entered into the issue register. It will typically be a numeric or alpha-numeric value
- Issue type Defines the type of issue being recorded, namely:
- Request for change
- Date raised The date on which the issue was originally raised
- Raised by The name of the individual or team who raised the issue
- Issue report author The name of the individual or team who created the issue report
- Issue description A statement describing the issue, its cause and impact
- Priority This should be given in terms of the project’s chosen categories. Priority should be re-evaluated after impact analysis
- Severity This should be given in terms of the project’s chosen scale. Severity will indicate what level of management is required to make a decision on the issue
- Status The current status of the issue and the date of the last update
- Closure date The date the issue was closed.