The conference is the annual showcase of the profession and provides its members with an opportunity to learn about the latest developments in professional procedures and standards, and to network with fellow members.
- Conference venue
- Delegate handouts
- Conference logistics.
- Selected subject matter
- Mailing list
- Previous conference lessons and materials
- Agreed date.
Development skills required
- Conference management
- Public relations.
Customer’s quality expectations
Priority 1: The conference must be
- Professional in style, funded by attendees and address the needs of the range of members (from beginners to experienced professionals)
- The event will provide a forum for networking
- Repeat attendance at future conferences is generated from satisfied members
- The speakers will be chosen on the basis of their knowledge, experience and expertise. They are not delivering a ‘sales pitch’ to the members
- The conference will be interactive in style
- The conference will be held at a central location, therefore minimizing travel.
Acceptance criteria and project-level quality tolerances
In priority order:
- The cost of the conference must be covered by the attendance fees
- Minimum of 80 and maximum of 100 people attend the conference
- More than 50% of the presentations are interactive (tutorials rather than lectures)
- The speakers and programme are approved by the editorial board representing the interests of the members
- The attendees’ satisfaction survey indicates that >75% will attend next year’s conference and/or recommend it to colleagues
- The hotel venue is within three miles of a main-line train station.
As the conference cannot be rerun should it prove to be unacceptable, the project board will grant:
- Preliminary acceptance – based on approval of the agreed programme by the editorial board and independent assurance that the attendee numbers and conference costs are forecast to be acceptable
- Final acceptance – based on the end project report providing evidence that the acceptance criteria were met.
- The senior user and executive are responsible for confirming acceptance.