3.5 What does PRINCE2 Agile consist of?
PRINCE2 comprises an integrated set of principles, themes and processes that are tailored to the specific needs of a project (see Figure 3.2).
PRINCE2 Agile provides guidance on tailoring PRINCE2 in an agile context and covers:
- how to tailor the principles, themes and processes
- how to produce the PRINCE2 management products
- how to map the common agile roles to the PRINCE2 project management team structure
- how to incorporate the fundamental agile behaviours, concepts and techniques into PRINCE2
- what areas are of particular significance when using agile and need specific focus.
This applies to all levels of a PRINCE2 project – i.e. project direction, project management and product delivery.
Agile encapsulates a wide collection of frameworks, and PRINCE2 Agile incorporates and references several of them. A few of these methods and approaches receive particular attention in PRINCE2 Agile because they are seen as very popular or good practice. They are Scrum, Kanban and Lean Startup (see Table 2.1 for a brief description).