A.13 Issue report
An issue report is a report containing the description, impact assessment and recommendations for a request for change, off-specification or a problem/concern. It is only created for those issues that need to be handled formally.
The report is initially created when capturing the issue, and updated both after the issue has been examined and when proposals are identified for issue resolution. The issue report is later amended further in order to record what option was decided upon, and finally updated when the implementation has been verified and the issue is closed.
- Issue identifier As shown in the issue register (provides a unique reference for every issue report)
- Issue type Defines the type of issue being recorded, namely:
- Request for change
- Date raised The date on which the issue was originally raised
- Raised by The name of the individual or team who raised the issue
- Issue report author The name of the individual or team who created the issue report
- Issue description A statement describing the issue in terms of its cause and impact
- Impact analysis A detailed analysis of the likely impact of the issue. This may include, for example, a list of products impacted
- Recommendation A description of what the project manager believes should be done to resolve the issue (and why)
- Priority This should be given in terms of the project’s chosen scale. It should be re-evaluated after impact analysis
- Severity This should be given in terms of the project’s chosen scale. Severity will indicate what level of management is required to make a decision on the issue
- Decision The decision made (accept, reject, defer or grant concession)
- Approved by A record of who made the decision
- Decision date The date of the decision
- Closure date The date that the issue was closed.